Friday Classic: Falling Apart

Snagged on the second cast I break off my rig.

A tailing loop catches my indicator, creating a rats nest I can’t undo.

I clear ice from the guides for the tenth time.

Coils in my running line catch on a rock.

The trend continues all afternoon.

On occasion I have a day where my skills fail me and it all goes wrong. Maybe it’s the freezing temps, a lack of focus, or some sort of karma.

Needing to clear the guides for the 40th time I snap the tip off my rod.

I declare the day over.

The solace of a lifetime warranty and a friend who packed a little whiskey helped me end the day on a positive note.

2 Comments on “Friday Classic: Falling Apart

  1. What you describe above is 95% of my fishing and the other 5% is not silky, but maybe canvas smooth. Yours is one of the best sites on the whole wide world-wide web, thanks for the amazing pictures and words.

    • Ben, I’m sure you are selling yourself short! Your kind words are much appreciated, thanks for taking the time to enjoy our work!

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: