What I Read With My Coffee: Deneki Outdoors/Gink & Gasoline
Without much thinking I realized there are two pages that I go to every day, nearly without fail, and am always eager to see what they have to say when it comes to fishing. I’m not alone. Most of us who love to fish and own a computer know who these guys are. They set the bar when it comes to online fly fishing content. For many this is beating a dead horse, but if you haven’t checked these guys out, here’s your chance.
Deneki Outdoors– Do they run some of the best fishing lodges on the planet? Absolutely. And for those who can’t make the trip they also run one of the most informative fly fishing blogs out there. Beginner or wily veteran, trout or salt, single or two handed, they have you covered. I’ve adapted tips for fishing beads in AK to my home water in WY (don’t tell anyone) and learned a ton about selecting the right line combo for my switch rod. In short they have helped me become a better angler. Here’s a few links to get you started:
- Switch Rods: Why You Should Try One, we agree you should try one.
- Bead Fishing For Trout, it doesn’t only work in AK.
- Bonefish Flies: 5 Favorites For South Andros, if you can’t make it to the Bahamas use them for carp, seriously.
Gink & Gasoline– I’ll be honest, Matt and I have always held G&G as the standard we are shooting for with STS. We’re not trying to do the same thing, but the quality and style of work that Louis and Kent put forth is something we have always admired. In-depth how to’s, incredible images, fishing epics, it’s all there. These guys are passionate anglers who get after it every day and are willing to share that with the rest of us. A few posts we like:
- The Redington Prospector Delivers on the Promise, again we think switch rods are sweet, this is a good one to start with.
- Careful Where You Point That Thing, Louis Cahill is one of the best fly fishing photographers period, here’s an example why.
- The Fish That Took Three Anglers to Land, cold weather, dedication and team work, a recipe for success.